Silver Horse Ranch
NEW OWNERSHIP AND NEW MANAGEMENT
Silver Horse Ranch is a 40-acre ranch in Bend Oregon, just minutes west of downtown near Tumalo. This property has been a horse ranch for over 10 years. The Wallace family acquired the ranch in November 2016 and will continue the horse boarding and training operation. Currently there is a care taker living onsite, a barn manager who also offers training and lessons, and a ranch hand.
We're across the street from the Skyline Forest with its 40,000 acres of beautiful trails, and an easy ride to the famed Tumalo Reservoir trails and the Deschutes National Forest. We also have trails and obstacles onsite. Our barns and pastures are situated on a private acreage with rolling meadows, pine and aspen groves and mountain views.
The Ranch offers:
- Premium orchard grass hay.
- Indoor arena: 72' x 120'.
- Round pen: 60'.
- Outdoor arena: 100' x 200'
- Barns: There are two barns on the property with stalls of varying sizes.
- Pastures: There are eight pastures on the property. All pastures have (or will have) shelters, salt blocks and water available for the horses.
- Paddocks: There are several paddocks that are used for horses that need to be watched or treated for a short period of time. The paddocks are also useful for clinics for guest horses.
- Trails: Boarders are welcome to ride at their own risk around the property, including into the wooded areas, in order to give their horses some fun challenges and experiences.
Here is an outline of immediate projects and improvements being made to the Ranch:
- Manure Mountains removed and continually managed.
- Repairing footing in the main barn runs.
- Adding above ground feeders in the pastures to keep hay off the ground.
- Fencing repairs.
- Adding additional shelters in the pastures.